June 12 – 26, 2018
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED!
Continuing the Legacy
The Frederick L. Hemke Saxophone Institute at Snow Pond Music Festival provides high level college and graduate-level saxophonists an intensive two-week program of study under the tutelage of world-renowned saxophonist Dr. Frederick L. Hemke. Program participants study solo and chamber music repertoire in a performance-oriented environment, participating in a series of private lessons, master-classes, ensemble coaching and recitals. Ample time is scheduled for practice and other activities.
- Combination of repertoire and technique lessons with Dr. Hemke and faculty.
- Individual, quartet, and large ensemble coaching.
- Master classes, recitals, and evening seminars.
- Ample practice time.
- Intimate and supportive environment for networking with peers and professional staff.
- Affordable tuition includes lodging, meals and use of New England Music Camp’s waterfront, recreational equipment and facilities.
Dr. Frederick L. Hemke, Artistic Director; Professor Emeritus, Northwestern University
Dr. John W. Sampen, Featured Artist, Distinguished Artist Professor at Bowling Green State University
Dr. Jan Berry Baker, Assoc Prof of saxophone, Georgia State University.
Dr. Sean Hurlburt, Staff
Sharon Peterson, Pianist
Dr. Gail B. Levinsky, Program Director; Susquehanna University
Participants must be over the age of 18 and are selected on the basis of ability and supporting materials. As the application process is on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply early.
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Non-refundable $100 application fee
- YouTube Audition (Two contrasting movements of your choice.)
Letters of recommendations should be sent directly via the Supplement Materials link.
For additional assistance contact the Programs Coordinator, Gail Levinsky
2018 Tuition & Fees: (tuition includes non-refundable $100 application fee)
14 days – all inclusive (instruction, meals, housing, and on-campus activities)$2195
- Quartet Special: (4 for the price of 3) High level pre-formed quartets are encouraged to apply for special pricing. (The 2016 quartet participants were the award winning Marisol Quartet & Akira Quartet.)
|3:00 – 5:00 pm||Registration|
|Evening||Orientation and Evening Gathering|
|9:30 am – 12:00 pm||Repertoire Lesson, Individual Techniques Lesson, Individual / Quartet Coaching, Practice|
|12:30 – 1:30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Studio Class/Quartet, Flexible Time, Individual Practice, Lessons, Recreation|
|4:30 – 5:30 pm||Saxophone Ensemble Rehearsal|
|Evening||Master Classes, Lectures, Recitals, Practice, and Off-Campus Activities|
|8:00 – 10:00 am||Breakfast and Departure|