Information regarding FLSHI 2017 will be updated shortly.
June 6 – 20, 2017
We are pleased to announce that the 2016 Frederick L. Hemke Saxophone Institute class is now filled with a remarkable collection of musicians traveling from throughout the United States, Japan and China. Thank you to all who applied. Please follow our updates on our Facebook page, and bookmark this page for updates on our 2017 application guidelines.
Continuing the Legacy
The Frederick L. Hemke Saxophone Institute at Snow Pond Music Festival provides high level college and graduate-level saxophonists an intensive two-week program of study under the tutelage of world-renowned saxophonist Dr. Frederick L. Hemke. Program participants study solo and chamber music repertoire in a performance-oriented environment, participating in a series of private lessons, master-classes, ensemble coaching and recitals. Ample time is scheduled for practice and other activities.
- Combination of repertoire and technique lessons with Dr. Hemke and faculty.
- Individual, quartet, and large ensemble coaching.
- Master classes, recitals, and evening seminars.
- Ample practice time.
- Intimate and supportive environment for networking with peers and professional staff.
- Affordable tuition includes lodging, meals and use of New England Music Camp’s waterfront, recreational equipment and facilities.
Dr. Frederick L. Hemke, Artistic Director; Professor Emeritus, Northwestern University
Dr. John W. Sampen, Guest Artist, Distinguished Artist Professor at Bowling Green State University
Sean Hurlburt, Staff
Sharon Peterson, Pianist
Dr. Gail B. Levinsky, Program Director; Susquehanna University
Participants must be over the age of 18 and are selected on the basis of ability and supporting materials. As the application process is on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply early.
- Click here for online application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Non-refundable $75 application fee
- YouTube Audition (Two contrasting movements of your choice.)
Letters of recommendations should be sent directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional assistance contact the Programs Coordinator, Gail Levinsky
Tuition & Fees: (tuition includes non-refundable $75 application fee)
- Full Participant Tuition, including Room & Board
- TOTAL COST:
|3:00 – 5:00 pm||Registration|
|Evening||Orientation and Evening Gathering|
|9:30 am – 12:00 pm||Repertoire Lesson, Individual Techniques Lesson, Individual / Quartet Coaching, Practice|
|12:30 – 1:30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Studio Class/Quartet, Flexible Time, Individual Practice, Lessons, Recreation|
|4:30 – 5:30 pm||Saxophone Ensemble Rehearsal|
|Evening||Master Classes, Lectures, Recitals, Practice, and Off-Campus Activities|
|8:00 – 10:00 am||Breakfast and Departure|