June 6 – 20, 2017
Continuing the Legacy
The Frederick L. Hemke Saxophone Institute at Snow Pond Music Festival provides high level college and graduate-level saxophonists an intensive two-week program of study under the tutelage of world-renowned saxophonist Dr. Frederick L. Hemke. Program participants study solo and chamber music repertoire in a performance-oriented environment, participating in a series of private lessons, master-classes, ensemble coaching and recitals. Ample time is scheduled for practice and other activities.
- Combination of repertoire and technique lessons with Dr. Hemke and faculty.
- Individual, quartet, and large ensemble coaching.
- Master classes, recitals, and evening seminars.
- Ample practice time.
- Intimate and supportive environment for networking with peers and professional staff.
- Affordable tuition includes lodging, meals and use of New England Music Camp’s waterfront, recreational equipment and facilities.
Dr. Frederick L. Hemke, Artistic Director; Professor Emeritus, Northwestern University
Dr. John W. Sampen, Guest Artist, Distinguished Artist Professor at Bowling Green State University
Sean Hurlburt, Staff
Sharon Peterson, Pianist
Dr. Gail B. Levinsky, Program Director; Susquehanna University
Participants must be over the age of 18 and are selected on the basis of ability and supporting materials. As the application process is on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply early.
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Non-refundable $75 application fee
- YouTube Audition (Two contrasting movements of your choice.)
Letters of recommendations should be sent directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional assistance contact the Programs Coordinator, Gail Levinsky
2017 Tuition & Fees: (tuition includes non-refundable $75 application fee)
14 days – all inclusive (instruction, meals, housing, and on-campus activities)$2195
- Quartet Special: (4 for the price of 3) High level pre-formed quartets are encouraged to apply for special pricing. (The 2016 quartet participants were the award winning Marisol Quartet & Akira Quartet.)
|3:00 – 5:00 pm||Registration|
|Evening||Orientation and Evening Gathering|
|9:30 am – 12:00 pm||Repertoire Lesson, Individual Techniques Lesson, Individual / Quartet Coaching, Practice|
|12:30 – 1:30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Studio Class/Quartet, Flexible Time, Individual Practice, Lessons, Recreation|
|4:30 – 5:30 pm||Saxophone Ensemble Rehearsal|
|Evening||Master Classes, Lectures, Recitals, Practice, and Off-Campus Activities|
|8:00 – 10:00 am||Breakfast and Departure|